Friday, November 18, 2016

Give Thanks Blog Hop



'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. 
Alice Walker

Welcome to the Give Thanks Blog Hop!  You should have arrived from Kim @ Katydid Cards, or if you are lost start at the beginning (Alicia's blog).  As we approach the holiday season, I think it is appropriate we should reflect on things for which we can be thankful.  We can be grateful for the little things and we should be grateful for the big things.  We should take the time to give thanks for all the persons and moments that make our lives so special.  
 
Sooooo, we would like to say a HUGE THANKS to our sponsor today.
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/scrapsbygracie/
Theresa is giving away a $20 Stampin' Up Gift Certificate to one lucky winner AND
take 10% off any order placed through her (not available on website) by November 30th. 
Email her at scrapsbygracie@gmail.com with your order. 

All you have to do to win this fabulous prize is comment on each of the blogs.
That's it! It really is easy.  
Of course, we would love it if you became a follower too. 

Comment buttons can be found at the bottom of the post (on most of the blogs).
Now on with the hop!

Okay, Okay... I gave in and bought one... a MISTI! The "Most Incredible Stamp[ing] Tool Invented!!!" And as you already know I promised myself (at the Expo..) if I bought it, I must use it, so... HERE I AM!!!!
I love the platform!!! It gives you a way to have pretty much perfection. No, this is not an advertisement!
And you just place it all just so (on your card) then shut the platform...
But... don't forget this black foam piece...
Otherwise... this happens and you miss A LOT. You have a lot of "duh!" moments.
But... If you add that piece, it turns out perfectly (because it's magnetized to the same spot!
And then... if you forgot something like I usually do... you can simply add it in like so:
And then it really does end up perfect... like this...
And then we have... coloring. I thought all little kids new how to color!!! Kristina Werner (and others) make it look so easy... but it's not.
I tried... and this was my third attempt it's not a charm... that's a lie!!!! I really need to work on my coloring. I promise... I will!
 
It's not the best, but... I'm thankful I'm able to do it! YAY!!!! What are YOU thankful for?


Up next is Amanda!

Here is the entire line up in case you get lost:


8 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow MISTI lover. I really started to avoid stamping to work with my Silhouette, but now I'm back. Your card is cute...love the greeting. It's been a pleasure hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a MISTI, but I love your card and your sense of humor! I love your coloring, too! I may have to look into buying one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeing the MISTI for a while now. I made my own out of a DVD case and foam, but it is not big enough to do some of what I need to, so I might add it to my Christmas list. Your card is cute and puns are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card! and so fun to see you review the MISTI. I love mine, but I still need extra magnets...my paper still seems to slip sometimes. I still use it all the time! It is a great tool! I hope you enjoy yours!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL that is what MISTI stands for? Who knew! LOL! I am glad to see you using that darn thing!! I hear it is amazing! But I am not gonna....not...you hear me!? LOL! Cute stamping by the way!! Happy thanksgiving friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought a MISTI too and am learning how to use it correctly! I forget the black foam too! 😊 The coloring looks amazing and should be easy, but I cannot seem to get it! I guess I am missing the 'coloring" gene. Giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute! I just bought the new Precision Press Stamping tool and I can't wait to get it. It is just like The Misti, but half the price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card, Lisa!! I want either a Misti or the new Precision Press. It has been fun hopping with you.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!