Friday, September 9, 2016

A Year of Card Techniques - (September) Mixed Media

If you are here for the Smarty Pants Blog Hop, please go HERE (not available until 9pm PST!), or you can check out all of my hops for today (there's only two!). We'd I'd love to have you!
 
Welcome to...
 
 
It's month nine of our year-long adventure into different card-making techniques, folds and paper crafting products. We hope you got the chance to hop with us each month.

It's not to late to hop and comment to be entered into our prize drawing. If you missed any of the previous months,  you can click on the month to be taken directly to the start of that month's hop.
January HERE   February HERE   March HERE   April HERE   May HERE   June HERE   July HERE August HERE

This month, we are mixing it up a bit with the mixed media techniques and you won't want to miss the amazing and fun cards we've got for you today. We really love feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in today's hop. Each comment on the 12 hops throughout the year will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Blitsy.com or Stampin' Up gift certificate (Winner's Choice).

Now on with the projects.

I started with THIS:
Made a mini album, with a whole bunch of different stuff... took pictures... gave it to my "secret pal"... and when I went to put in pics and write about it, the rest of the pics were gone! I can't ask my "secret pal," because then it wouldn't be so "secret" right? Ugh!

And so... I'm going to post a past project... since I use a whole bunch of different media all the time anyway. And OH CRAP! It's not a card... but then again my original project wasn't either. Oh well. It's still great techniques you can use for cards...
If you know me... you know I don't take many pictures of myself or scrap them either. I'd rather not. But... I did enjoy this piece and fun playing with the major components of it. I distressed the crap out of every picture. NOTE: They are printed on textured cardstock!!!!
This lace? I made it myself! Velum... punched with Martha Stewart, stitched through with my machine, then dyed with Walnut stain and crinkled... then formed in the shape of a heart. Say it with me now... "Awwwww...!"
These are "ghost letters" with paint on the back. LOVE IT!!!!!
Thrown together, distressed a bunch and put in a book... totally my style! If you'd like to see the original post, please feel free to go HERE (It's back from 2012!)
 
Hope you enjoyed my little blast from the past...
 
Up next is Denise! Today's lineup in case you get "mixed up" (so you can be sure to visit everyone!):
 

8 comments:

  1. Lisa, I don't like pictures of myself either. But I've seen a picture of you and you should not avoid the camera!! I'm sorry you lost the pics. Love the "lace". very cool. I will definitely go back and see the old post. Always a pleasure hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of photos either. We could all start a club! This is a great technique, and most definitely can be applied to cards. Love how your project turned out. Always great to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess we girls just don't like to be on picture....same for me. I look wired, I am eating, you named it LOL. Sad you lost your pictures, but your project turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing it and hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super nice project! I love the stitching, that's something I haven't tried.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when you said, "Oh crap, it's not a card!" LOL! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fantastic project. Love the lace and the stitching. It was fun hopping with you,

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!