Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CuttleBug Spot Challenge #16: Sweet Child / Cuttlebug Challenge Blog #17: Love-Themed

This challenge was posted Monday (yesterday) on the Cuttlebug Spot. It was to make a Valentine's for a child. It was also posted 02/04 on Cuttlebug Challenge Blog, so I am putting it for both! Yeah. I've never done that, so I hope people don't mind.


Here is my take on it:
"I'll Hiss for a Kiss" I just popped with it when I saw the snake from Animal Kingdom. I saw so many things I had ideas for, but this one just clicked a little more. And I used scraps I already had. Woohoo!
The hiss and the snake were made from Animal Kingdom; the snake's pink diamond back was embossed using the Cuttlebug Textile folder. ("HISS" is actually two sizes [1" and 1-1/4"], since there is no shadow feature on the "sounds" of the animals.) The other letters are Opposites Attract and dusted/inked with bright pink daubers from Direct Memories.
Of course I had to add Stickles somewhere... so I put it on the skin of the snake (in Cinnamon), emphasizing the diamond back. And I used the "Heart" embossing folder for the background of the card, then sanded the red cardstock to bring out the white core of the cardstock and make the hearts "pop" a little more.
Since it was for a child, I felt only google eyes were appropriate to add a little humor and character to my otherwise fearless friend.


Hope you like it, and check out the links above for more fun and challenges on their blog! Thanks Nilda! And thanks to everyone at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog, as well.

17 comments:

  1. Cute!! Thanks for stopping by Cuttlebug challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lisa! Love how you've made the hearts pop!
    Thanks for taking part this week at
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, fun card Thanks for joining us this week
    CUTTLEHUGS
    allisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I really like the adorable google eyes...great take on the challenge this week, Lisa! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card Lisa and so unique! Great take on this week's challenge:)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute and creative.. never would have thought of using a brown and pink snake... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice card !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is this?! Thanks for playing at the Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute!!! I am so in love with those wee hearts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card. Lovely.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay,so I'm not normally a snake person...BUT.... this one I LOVE!! Great job on the Cuttlebug Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!