Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Rant!

So... I had the rental, right? I needed to go to a water polo game in Riverside. No worries. I picked up my daughter at school and had to check in at the security station (you can't "just" take kids from a school). I rolled down the window... and it only rolled back up 1/2 of the way. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, however, it is rainy weather here.

So... I grabbed a piece of plastic to put on the window once I got it parked and FROZE the whole way there (1/2 hour). My kids were okay, as I put the heat on SUPER high. But... then I got caught in a hail storm, and it was bouncing into the car. I even got pics of the hail inside the van, on my window! Sucks the big one! Anyway, the plastic worked while the car was parked, and I slid into a dry driver's seat.

Then I got a call that my car was ready. Yeah! To get my own car back... (in dreamy, eyes glazing trance)... So after dropping the kids off at home (I knew it wouldn't be super easy at the dealership... I have that kind of experience...), I zoomed over. It took another 1/2 hour to process the rental back in. The sales clerk gave me a free upgrade and full tank of gas the "next time I rent a car." After all this experience, I'm not sure I'll EVER be back.

Then I had to walk outside (almost a block) in 42 degree weather (that's really cold for us!) with a wind chill factor of (put # here, as I don't know, but it was strong and super cold!) to the dealership. They only took about 10 minutes. I was rather impressed. So, the warranty insurance is now out $1400+, and I have a like-new car!

Woohoo! Boy am I spoiled and very grateful for what I have. I love having all my little perks of my van back! We love it; we LOVE it! Toodles for now! lisa

1 comment:

  1. That is such a pain!!!! Glad you have YOUR vehicle back!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the luv! Feel free to look around to other posts. I so appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Love to know you were here! Have a happy day!